Monday, October 2, 2017

Portrait of my Mum finished

For the Month of October you can go by Itawamba Community College Gallery and see a show by the Mississippi Painters Society.  I have 2 of my Underwater Series in the Show.  There will be a reception on the 27th October at 1pm.


I finally finished the portrait of my Mum.  I took the photo when I was home in the Spring.  She was in my old bedroom which has great North Light coming in the window.  I loved the contrast of light.  One of the hardest thing about life is having to say goodbye to this lovely lady each time I visit.  It's not just down the road, or even in the next town or state but we are devided by thousands of miles as she is in Scotland and I am in Mississippi.  All this has been heavy on my heart lately as my own daughter and family moved to another state.  A better move for them and I'm happy for them, but I am still trying to adjust  "Leaving".


"Leaving"


It wasn't planned but the cup in the portrait is the 2nd cup I have painted in portraits that was handpainted by my Gran.

No comments:

Post a Comment