Monday, July 9, 2018

July update

I haven't been painting much this summer.  With my Grand-kids moving to Texas I spend part of the Summer with them before the big move.  I spent quite a bit of time volunteering at the Gumtree Museum of Art where I am a board member and was helping them with Membership.  I am also headed home to spend time with my Mum for my yearly trip to Scotland.  I spent a week at Church Camp helping out in the Crafts Cabin.


I finally got this painting framed.  I had taken it to the frame shop and was standing there in the frame shop trying on different frames when it hit me what I should do.  So I apologized profusely for taking up their time and headed to the thrift shop where I picked up some second hand frames and cut one of them down to size then painted it per my frame shop idea.  Most times it takes the act of doing something for inspiration to come.   It won't come by itself.  I love to re-purpose old things, especially when it's real wood and not the cheep made in China frames.



I also accomplished my first snow scene.  This commission was a challenge.  It was painted from the clients photo, which I rarely do and had to add a lot of shadows to make it work.  I also added the cat as they love their cats and have a few.   

"This home was built of hand-hewn, heart-of-pine lumber ca. 1836, and purchased in 1844 by John Tannehill. An 1887 remodeling added a second floor and a kitchen on the back connected by a breezeway. Also known as the Orr House, it is one of Fulton's oldest surviving residential structures."


Below, I started a commission of a clients Grand-Daughter.  You may remember I did one years ago in the same position, sitting on the same stairs.  The client wants all three of their Grands done.  I'm having a lot of fun with it. 


Below are some smaller paintings I did to take home with me for friends.
Just little studies for fun!  The first one was painted from a photo I took of some good
friends and x-neighbors who take me on the most amazing photo shoots 
when I go home to Scotland.  Such a fun couple. 


This is a small portrait of my best friend's daughter Cara.
I also painted her soon after learning how to paint but
think this is a vast improvement than the last.  lol


No comments:

Post a Comment