Saturday, October 27, 2018

Lots going on in the Art World!

Firstly I'm excited about progress on my new studio.  It will be in the basement of our house.  Currently I work in one of the bedrooms but since our family moved to Texas and the grand-kids are getting older we really need the room back as a bedroom.  I don't mind being in the basement as I usually paint with the blinds down as I like the constant light of daylight bulbs and find real daylight changes too much depending on what kind of day it is.  It is a lot of work.  It will be about twice the size of the bedroom plus I won't have my book keeping in the basement just my art stuff.


It has been a busy summer with a 4 week trip home to visit my Mum.  When I got home I finished the portrait of the little girl on the stairs.



One of my favorite Artists is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William-Adolphe_Bouguereau and an Artist friend took some close up photos of one of his paintings recently and was so kind to share them with me so I thought I would do an Artists Copy for learning purposes.  I haven't had much time to work on it yet.  It's harder than it looks but a lot of fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment