Friday, June 17, 2022

South Texas Art League 87th Anniversary Exhibition

 Today I went by La Retma Library which is Corus Christi's Main Library.  I delivered some work there on Wednesday for a Show and they already had it up.  They are so organized.  The show has already been judged and I was told that all 3 of my pieces won awards.  So in past shows they have had a rule where you can only win one award per person which I kind of like, so I wasn't expecting to get three awards.  I got a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place awards.  1st in Sculpture as my Frida in the cigar box was considered a sculpture.  2nd and 3rd in painting.  It is a beautiful library.  Here are some photos.




Frida painted in a Cigar Box


The book I picked up today while dropping off other Art Books

Portrait of My Mum Titled "Leaving Home"




Painting I did of the GumTree Museum in Tupelo



No comments:

Post a Comment