Thursday, September 22, 2016

Pastor Wismer

Finished the portrait of Pastor Wismer today!  It is hard to get a good photo as some of the colors have sunk in.  In a few months when I varnish it the colors will come out more.  I actually remembered to take notes as I went and figured it took 50 hours to paint.  It really shouldn't have taken me that long but I say that every time.  I can't predict when it will be finished I just get to the point where I know.  It's 16" x 21" on Dibond Panel.  


Notes on Painting
September Painting of Pastor Wismer
Day 1 - photograph and edit
Day 2 - Under painting in Raw Umber
Shirt - Ultramarine, Raw Umber, Yellow Ochre
Suit - Sap Green, Purple, Yellow Ochre, Raw Umber, Olive
Background - Cadmium Yellow & Purple
Skin-tones - Raw Umber, Black, Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna, Cadmium Red
Bible - Permanent Alizarin, Ultramarine, Yellow Ochre
Titanium White used throughout!





No comments:

Post a Comment