Tuesday, April 13, 2021

The Horse Whisperer Painting

 


"The Horse Whisperer" oil painting on panel is available.  Prices are on my website www.AlisonSchuchs.com or feel free to message me if you would like to add this Art to your collection.

It was a lot of fun to paint, quite a challenge for a few reasons.  It was my first time to paint a horse and actually I find pink a hard color to get just right.  It is easy to become "muddy" as it is transparent unless you add white to it which makes it chalky.   I love learning about color though and still enjoy the science of it all.  Choosing which color to use, which compliment, does it need to be warm or cool, transparent of opaque, etc.etc.  

The photoshoot for this painting was a blast.  We were invited to take photos at a local Ranch and my model Alexis outdid herself, changing outfits and steadying her horse.  It was a lot of fun and we were treated to some delicious enchiladas.  A great day! 





No comments:

Post a Comment