Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Our Lady of Guadalupe

 I can't decide wether to name this painting the Lady of Guadalupe or Our Lady of Corpus Christi.  The model is from Corpus Christi as I like all my models to be local.  She posed for me outside the Cathedral of Our Lady of Corpus Christi and later once I had finished the painting and framed it from Laredo Frames, Father Joe blessed the painting in the Cathedral.  So, I'm not sure what the title should be.   Again I loved my beautiful model Teresa.  I used real gold leaf which was something new for me.  I want to do a full size painting one day but his was close at 2x4'.








I forgot to mention I also made her costume.  











Sorry the photos are out of order.
As you can see with the roses, Our Lady of Corpus Christi is just stunning.


No comments:

Post a Comment