Thursday, September 21, 2017

September Update

I finally finished my second Underwater Painting.  I also made the frame for it and stained it myself.  Both the underwater paintings are being shown at Itawamba Community College for the Month of October. Both are available for sale.




I'm also working on a painting of my Mum.  I'm having to take breaks as I get so homesick working on it.  The painting is called "Leaving" as it looks like she is watching someone leave through the window.  It's actually my old bedroom window that had some amazing North Light.  Still got a ways to go on it.  


I got a text to do a portrait for the local Volunteer Fire Department.  Union County in Plantersville.  I was happy to do this little portrait for them to hang in the Firehouse.  If you go to my FaceBook page you can see a video of this painting being painted.



Another painting I'm working on is from a photo I took at our Gumtree Reception.  I walked outside as I saw the sun and thought it might make a good photo, to find Christy and her son posing for an excellent shot, I thought.  So I asked if she minded me painting her portrait.  The sun on the building caught my eye but also the contrast with them in red and blue.  Still a ways to go on this one too.  The hard part is the reflection in the window.  What to leave out and what to add in, that is the question.  Ha!  I'm making some of it up as I go along.  


Thank you for following along.  I'm having too much fun as usual.


No comments:

Post a Comment