Friday, April 6, 2018

April Update of Paintings.

Gosh!  I'm not sure where the time goes.  Has it really been January since I have updated my blog!!!
I had to stop and think, well what have I been doing!  
Below I finished a painting, I had so much fun with.  At the February Reception of the Mississippi Bicentennial Art Exhibit at the Gumtree Museum of Art in Tupelo, MS, I happened to take this snapshot of Mr. & Mrs. Luckett.  I am a board member of the museum and try to show up at the receptions to promote them on social media.  When I got home, I just loved the contrast from the beautiful art in the background to what I am more familiar with, and that being the lovely portraits in the foreground.  I have had it on my mind to paint a painting that was more like a typical British Painting.  This lovely couple just screamed paint me.  The paintings in the background, which I had to get permission to paint are:  
Untitled by Fred Mitchell, 1961
Nature Morte by Becky Hendrick, 1980
and Configuration by Millicent Howell.


Here is the work in progress at my studio.  I still have the frame to paint and so I'll post a photo when I get through with it completely.


I love collecting Art.  Though we live in a house where there is not enough wall space I painted this portrait and will be swapping it with the talented Artist and my friend, Maria Tucci Hughes.  This is a painting of her daughter.  I hope to use more of the photos I took of her that day.  You can find them on my Facebook Photography page.


I love helping out our Community when I can.  Below are some donations I made this year already for Art Auctions.  The Denim & Diamonds event supports the Itawamba Crossroads Ranch which is just up the road from us and very dear to our heart.


The Gumtree Museum of Art's Guild host an Art Galla.  It was last weekend
and a great success.  


Our Mississippi Painters Society had a "Paint Out" at the 
Itawamba Historical Center in Mantachie, MS
The Bonds House.  To thank them for such a lovely day painting
with friends I donated this painting I did mostly on that day.
It was still cold though, so instead of painting from life, I took a photo
with my Ipad and we all painted inside where it was warm.


Bob Franks is the curator and head Genealogist there and as well as being so knowledgeable about the area.  He is a wonderful photographer.  Ya'll should go and follow him on Facebook.  His photos are a delight each day.  


I had a fun photo-shoot with my Art friend Jackie Massey.
She is a member of the Mississippi Painters Society.



So, that almost gets me up to date.  I have works available on my website for Sale.  Please contact me if you are interested in any.  



No comments:

Post a Comment