Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Dunoon Mugs

Just some thoughts this morning on remembering my daughter Carrie.  I don't hear her name much anymore.  I'm part of that club/group of people who have lost a child.  It's not a group I would wish anyone to join.  The toughest thing I have ever gone through and still go through.  This morning I reached for this cup to make my morning cup of tea.  I still feel guilty using this cup.  It is part of a group of 10 cups that Carrie bought.  She was in my hometown of Dunoon on holiday and it is known for it's Dunoon Mugs, they always made good gifts to bring back home and we love using them.  The fine china keeps the liquid in them hotter longer than most cups.  So Carrie bought these 10, all different Artist's work represented on them.  She wanted them for her own home one day and was going to put them aside for then, using money her Gran had given her on the trip.  The hard part was packing them in a suitcase for the bumpy car, boat, and 3 plane's home.  They all managed to get here (USA) in one piece.  So here I am using her cups, since Carrie is gone, feeling guilty but Carrie also had a wonderful sense of humor and I know she would find something funny to say about it all if she were here.  The funny thing is, I wasn't into art when Carrie bought these.  I probably couldn't even have told you all the artist's names that the paintings were by on the cups.  I took up drawing 5 years after she died.  She was the artist.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog, Thanks for sharing meaningful information with us

    https://www.thebeeskneesbritishimports.com/

    ReplyDelete